Monday, November 30, 2009

Printing Composition- Re-creating film stills



Contact sheet- ap- 8, time- 8 sec
All of my shots seemed to have similar contrast in the contact sheet but I learned later that they all needed different settings.


ap- 8, f- 2, time 16 seconds

This print took a couple of tries to finally get, I had to mess around with the aperture and filter.


This photo didn't require much lighting, just room lights and a back light to serve as a wall light, the prop was just to replace whatever the guy in the original is holding. I chose fabrizio for this photo because he gives the best facial expressions and I needed an expression I could only see Fabrizio doing.



ap- 16, time 30 secs

This print also took a few tries because I also tried combinations of settings, these settings turned out the best.


This setup is as close as I could get to re-create the original picture. I just don't have a desk that they are sitting at but I was still able to show that there is someone in the picture(meghan) who is just listening to what the person standing is yelling(fabrizio) and the final person(Barbara) is sitting there as if nothing much is going on. The lighting for my pictures were all pretty easy, mainly just room lighting and that is what I have achieved.


ap- 8, time- 12 secs

There was a problem I had with this print, and that was no matter how much time I used or what the aperture was, I would always end up with one of the eyes blacked out, so this is what the print was like with 12 seconds, 14 was way too dark.


Like I said about my picture had very simply lighting and in this picture all I needed was a softbox in the back to work as the wall light in the original photo. The prop was the las thing on my mind to get close to the original. They are pretty close though, in the original the man is holding a cup and in my re- creation, fabrizio has a water bottle.

No comments: