Monday, February 1, 2010

Printing Composition - Traditional Regalia





The usual lumberjack from Canada is easily portrayed with a red flannel shirt and a nice fur hat. By standing by a tree I was really able to capture the true lumberjack in Javier. The pose in most of the lumberjack pictures people usually see are not very consistent expect for the fact that most of them are holding an axe as well.

I had two pictures of Javier that are very similar but i decided to use this one because the light in from the back in the other picture was too bright. And also the fact that the little strap off of hat was hanging off the side bugged me a little bit. Using photoshop I was able to make the picture a little darker which brought out more of the color in the shirt of the picture. The hard light in the background is the only thing that is bothering me and creating a problem that is a little hard to work with.



This is the print that I decided to use to represent the american hippie culture. To portray hippies, peace signs, tie dye shirts and headbands were used. The print has some light coming from both sides, the light makes the print different than other portraits.

I adjusted the photo by changing the levels, making the picture a little brighter and got rid of some unnecessary shadows.



This photo represents the more "stereotypical" mexicans with the button up shirt, sombraro, and guitar. The use of all of these factors does portray the culture. The photo doesn't have much lighting or a pose, just a smile and a guitar.


I made several changes to this photo, I made it that there was a blank wall behind the subject rather than a door handle and poster on the side. I changed the levels in this photo as well and I liked how making a little darker made it more catchy for my eye.

No comments: